Quality Assurance CO-OP (Summer, Fall 2023, Spring 2024)
Job location: Carrollton, GA
The Quality Assurance Co-Op will help facilitate data analysis, problem solving, and the implementation of initiatives to improve the Quality Management System. This position will support efforts to build a more robust quality system throughout the Utility Plant including interfacing with sales, purchasing, manufacturing, and logistics to ensure customer expectations are met.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- ISO 9001 and QMS activity to include document control, calibration, and overall system improvements.
- Develop standardized quality processes, procedures, and work instructions as needed.
- Conduct training and tracking of all QA testing per industry standards.
- Lead and conduct customer, supplier, and internal quality audits.
- Complete customer approval requirements to include PPAP submissions.
- Manage product test plans within SAP.
- Work with cross functional teams to improve processes, reduce COPQ, develop FMEA/CPand support with Capability analysis / Data collection.
- Maintain customer CTR/COA test report process.
- Maintain quality management system software.
- Evaluation of quality KPIs to ensure the correct metric is being tracked as well as alignment with corporate initiatives.
- Verification of process improvements derived from implemented problem solving corrective actions
- Ability to work 40-hour work weeks during rotation
- Willingness and ability to commit to a minimum of 3 rotations
- Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum GPA 2.5
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Body of Knowledge including Wire and Cable Standards; Management Systems; Supplier Management; Audits; Product/Process Design and Control; Continuous Improvement; Quantitative Methods and Tools.
- ASQ CQE, or 6 Sigma certification desired.
- Knowledge of ICEA, AEIC, UL and ASTM industry standards.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:current revision
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Working knowledge of statistical software such as Minitab or related packages.
- Working knowledge of SAP Quality Management (QM) functionality strongly desired.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to deal with multiple challenges and projects simultaneously with minimal supervision desired.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills required