Computer Engineering Co-op (Summer, Fall 2023, Spring 2024)
Summer 2023: CSCI, CMPE, ELEC, SWEN
Fall 2023: CSCI, CMPE, ELEC, SWEN
Spring 2024: CSCI, CMPE, ELEC, SWEN
Housing Stipend of $2500 per rotation for Co-ops who attend school more than 50 miles away from Bosch Anderson
Job location: Charleston, SC
Bosch Charleston is a part of a global network with close to 400,000 associates who make products that are “Invented for Life.”
The Bosch Charleston plant has a long history in the Lowcountry and was established in 1974. We Drive. to provide a safe and inspiring environment for our associates. We make a difference and delight our global customers by creating state of the art products.
Over the past five years we have contributed over 1 million USD to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and environmental organizations in the Lowcountry through the Bosch Community Fund. Additionally, Bosch Charleston works closely with our partners to support these initiatives through volunteerism. There are many opportunities to get involved and we hope you will join us as we make a difference in the Lowcountry.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
• FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
• AWIM (A World In Motion)
The Robert Bosch Corporation realizes the mutual benefit of developing Computer Engineering students over several work terms. Therefore, we are seeking to hire students who wish to work three or more terms at the Charleston facility. In return for loyalty, students will receive valuable training and increased work responsibilities throughout the program. Below you will find some general information about Bosch North America (RBNA), the Bosch-Charleston Automotive plant, and some examples of typical assignments that students will be given, by work term. Business unit pressures may not allow the work term topics to follow the general timing below, but each of the topics below will be addressed through multiple terms.
At the Charleston, SC facility, Bosch designs and produces precision automotive components and systems sold to vehicle and power-train manufacturers worldwide. These include systems and components for gasoline & diesel injection and Anti-lock Braking Systems. We currently have 1500 employees in a team environment and in a multi-shift, non-union plant. Facilities are modern and fully air conditioned with state of the art automated equipment.
Work Term #1
- Process documentation updates (operator instructions, guides, forms, etc.)
- Perform process and gage capability studies
- OEE and line utilization studies
- Support Engineers in trouble-shooting specific problem areas
- Communicate and work effectively through specific task assignment
- Analysis and decision making responsibility for specific problems or topics
- Improvement proposals and execution of such as supported by analysis
Work Term #2
- All responsibilities listed for Work Term #1
- PFMEA documentation updates
- SPC overview responsibilities
- Specific problem trouble-shooting responsibility
- Asset and capacity studies
Work Term #3 +
- All responsibilities listed for Work Terms #1 & #2
- Support product release process (sample builds, PPAP, etc.)
- Change management projects
- Capital planning responsibility
- Quality concern reaction
Must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a 4 year university
Indefinite U.S. Work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
- Problem Solving
- Strong analytical and intellectual skills
- Competent use of systematic problem solving tools
- Demonstrate decision making strength
- Effectively communicate and interact with different levels of associates and cultures within BOSCH Group
- Ability to work with workshop personnel
- Interested to interact with people
- Self starting, results oriented, flexible, team player
- Exhibits a market/customer oriented mentality
- Demonstrates a strong sense of teamwork
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Meet deadlines on assigned tasks, utilize project timeline tools, effectively communicate goals and results
The above summary is consistent with the company's compensation philosophy and represents a fair description of the position, as supplied by the appropriate unit(s). It is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by this position and is not an exhaustive list of all job duties. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Paid Holidays
- Seniority accrual and guaranteed wage increases when returning for multiple terms
- Rewarding learning experience
- Post-graduation competitive advantage gained through practical work experience