Construction Project Manager Intern
Are you looking to use your engineering background to solve client needs? Are you always thinking outside the box? Do you enjoy managing a project from start up to completion? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an opportunity that will impress you.
ARCO/Murray is looking for highly motivated Project Manager Interns who are passionate about the construction process to join the team for the Summer of 2023. At ARCO, every associate is empowered to drive their success. You’ll be responsible for project performance and profit from day one!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We are dedicated to the well-being of our associates and are proud to be consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work.
- Competitive hourly rate (with overtime possible)
- One-on-one mentorship
- Structured training program
- Opportunity to travel
- Opportunity for term-end discretionary bonus
- Housing/stipend provided for interns living outside of market
- A $5,000 bonus per term should you join ARCO/Murray fulltime after graduation
A DAY IN THE LIFE
ARCO offers an exciting Intern opportunity for highly motivated students. A Project Manager Intern will assist Project Managers with the following:
- Estimating – Describing project proposals and assigning dollar values to the projects.
- Scheduling – Creating a working timeline for subcontractors to complete the project on time.
- Design meetings – Attend design meetings with owner and team to understand design pro structural engineers, architects.
- Buyout – Send bid instructions, schedule, and drawings to subcontractors. Receive and evaluate proposals, then award subcontracts.
- Shop Drawing and Submittal Review – Review subcontractor drawings with Project Manager and design team and communicate with subs on upcoming work.
- Billing – Work with Project Manager to understand the business side of building such as managing subcontracts, change orders, pay requests, pay applications, and owning projects cost status.
- Jobsite Visits – Visit jobsite with Project Manager and work with Project Superintendent’s to ensure the project is running smoothly.
- Weekly Training Sessions – As an ARCO/Murray Project Manager Intern, weekly training sessions are provided to ensure the Intern team has a clear understanding of their role and how the business operates. Many training courses emphasize growing a deeper knowledge of building trades and how to leverage an engineering background to solve clients needs as a design/builder. Training is held virtually, in-person, at jobsites, and self-guided.
- Capstone Projects – Interns work in small groups throughout the summer with oversight from leadership to solve real life business cases.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 out of 4.0
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Engineering program or related field of study
- Prior industry internship experience is a plus
- Extracurricular involvement is a plus
At ARCO, our first core value is to treat people fairly and do the right thing. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
From recruiting, training, and hiring practices to selecting our subcontractors, we understand that diversity of all those involved in the construction process enhances our ability to deliver the best solutions to our customers. We hire the best and the brightest from across the country – constructing a team of experts in architecture, design, engineering, project management, and business services.
MAKE YOUR MOVE
With offices in major cities across the United States, we are one of the fastest-growing construction companies in the nation. As a leader in the design/build industry we rose to #5 on ENR's Top 100 Design-Build Companies list. We know that the best work requires the best talent – that’s why we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team of experts.
At ARCO, we are committed to taking care of our greatest asset – our team. ARCO is dedicated to creating a workplace in which associates feel valued and empowered to succeed. From paid sabbaticals to premier compensation and everything in-between, we pride ourselves in making ARCO not only a great place to work, but the best place to build a career. From the moment an associate begins their career at ARCO, the opportunity for success is limitless.
ARCO does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies without pre-approval from ARCO’s Human Resource team. Pre-approval is required before any external candidate can be submitted. ARCO will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes and for candidates who are sent directly to our hiring managers.