Music Teacher (Elementary & Middle School)
All Richmond County School District Comprehensive Packages Include:
Competitive Salary with Annual Increases
Holidays Off & Sick Time
Benefits to Include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Automatic 30K Life Insurance Policy
State Issued Retirement Program
Contributions to both Social Security & Retirement
Under the direction of the school principal and his/her designee, plans, and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students. Provides an atmosphere and environment conductive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure Success for Every Student. Supervises students in a variety of school related settings. Monitors and evaluates student outcomes. Communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff and community. Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students. Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: (Asterisk for essential job duties.)
1. Plans a program of study that meets the needs, interests and abilities of individuals to ensure Success for Every Student (*)
2. Reports to work on time and is prepared for all classes and duty assignments (*)
3. Creates a classroom environment that provides student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives
4. 4 Provides an instructional program to meet the needs of all students including students with disabilities (*)
5. Prepares lesson plans and other documentation as required by principal or his/her designee.
6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students (*)
7. Establishes learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, requirements of RCSS curriculum framework, and knowledge of human growth and development (*)
8. Plans for and utilizes instructional methods, resources and evaluation techniques which motivate and enable each student to achieve learning objectives (*)
9. Assesses the learning and behavioral needs of students on a regular basis. Provides input as needed to IEP’s of Students with Disabilities ensuring the implementation of modifications including co-teaching as needed.
10. Takes all necessary and safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities (*)
11. Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law and per RCSS policy and administrative regulation (*)
12. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner
13. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
14. Establishes relationships with colleagues, students, parents and community which reflect recognition of and respect for every individual
15. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for instructional assistants, teacher assistants, and volunteers (*)
16. May evaluate paraprofessional’s job performance with department heads and/or administrators
17. Maintains fair and accurate grading policies and procedures, attendance, email and web pages as required through the technology system provided by the RCSS
18. The employee shall carry out such other and further duties, whether specifically listed above or not, as are assigned or required by such employee’s supervisor, other appropriate school personnel, law board policy administrative regulation, department handbook, as are reasonably necessary to the efficient operation of the school system and its mission.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of RCSS curriculum, techniques for integrating curriculum, RCSS policies, and effective instructional practices. Understanding of the teaching/learning process. Ability to provide instruction that reflects multiple perspectives and multicultural education. Ability to infuse technology into curriculum. Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office, and school based staff, students, parents and community. Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
Holder of a Bachelor’s degree or beyond. Must have a valid Georgia teaching certificate in the teaching field in which they are employed from an accredited college or university.
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
Meets Georgia state certification requirements in appropriate field of education.
Scheduled Work Year – 10 Months
Our Vision: The Richmond County School system will provide an equitable education for all students to prepare them for life beyond the classroom.
Our Mission: Building a globally competitive school system that educates the whole child through teaching, learning, collaboration, and innovation.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT OUR DISTRICT
Total Number of RCSS Students 29,093
Schools & Programs:
Elementary Schools 28
Middle Schools 7
High Schools 8
Magnet Schools 4
Special Programs 6