Industrial Design Intern - Fall 2022
Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people’s lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
We’re looking for a Industrial Design Intern to join our Industrial Design Team in Peachtree City, Georgia. You’ll be responsible for defining design for our diverse product categories and execution of the design, in close alignment with the business and development teams.
We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
Interested, qualified candidates must submit a portfolio and resume in a PDF or a URL where it can be viewed.
What you’ll do
- Bring ideas to life through design leadership and hands-on execution in all phases of the Industrial Design process – from concept development, sketching, 3D concept modeling, digital rendering to definition of Color/Material/Finishes.
- Deliver high quality graphics and presentations driving visual appeal of the team’s design concepts.
- Research, forecast and communicate styles and trends as they relate to product design.
- Collaborate and work effectively as part of a cross functional team – Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing, Branding, etc.
- Gather VOC (Voice of Customer), determine CCR’s (Critical Customer Requirements) and then translate consumer needs into tangible, desirable product solutions.
- Support new product projects by communicating vision, managing timelines, and creating deliverables.
What you’ll need
- Student must be actively enrolled in Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Industrial Design or relevant major at an accredited university during the length of Internship.
- Energetic with strong interpersonal/communication skills with a desire to learn and challenge yourself.
- Relevant industrial design internship or co-op experiences.
- Strong concept development, product envisioning, communication, and presentation skills
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchbook Pro, SolidWorks (preferred) or CAD surfacing package.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs
What you’ll get in return…
This internship could lead to an at will full time role.
We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
Who we are
Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people – redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as LiFi – internet connectivity through light – and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world.
We’re operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.