Administrative Associate - Northbrook, IL
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) is looking for an Administrative Associate to support our Structures team located at our Northbrook, IL headquarters.
Administrative staff at WJE are encouraged to take on responsibility and seek challenges in the position. A successful person in this role will demonstrate strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and a strong ability to adapt to changing priorities and project demands from multiple staff members, all while maintaining superior interpersonal skills. While many of the duties of this role will be clerical in nature, some of the demands include high-level administrative projects, requiring initiative, independent thinking, and the ability to synthesize complex concepts clearly and accurately. Advanced writing and proofreading skills will serve the candidate well.
WJE is a global firm of engineers, architects, and materials scientists committed to helping solve, repair, and avoid problems in the built world. Since 1956, our applied experience from more than 125,000 projects and our state-of-the-art laboratory and testing facilities have made WJE a leader in providing innovative yet practical solutions to the clients we serve.
- Performing general office functions, such as processing correspondence, mail, and FedEx packages; managing office supplies and equipment; scanning, copying, printing, and filing documents, etc.
- Coordinating internal staff meetings, webinars, lunch presentations, conference calls, and office outings/activities.
- Working closely with other administrative associates to ensure the flow of work, effective communication, and a cohesive team environment.
- Employing advanced word processing, proofreading, editing, and formatting skills to support billable professionals (architects and engineers) in developing project documents in accordance with the firm’s format and writing standards; documents could range from proposals, meeting minutes, and letters to comprehensive and technical reports of varying length, specifications, and professional publications.
- Assisting billable professionals with project management tasks such as project correspondence, project scheduling, budget tracking, billing, and client contact.
- Assisting in compiling qualifications submittals in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Qualifications (RFQs) and maintaining information on pre-qualification documentation.
- Preparing marketing materials (e.g. project profiles, personnel resumes) for use in developing new business.
- Bachelor’s degree (English, communications, marketing, business, or similar a plus) with at least two years of prior administrative work experience preferred, but not required.
- Enthusiasm for supporting others in their work.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills with an emphasis on editing and proofreading.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and project deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse professionals at all seniority levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and willingness to take on various responsibilities.
- High capacity for learning, retaining new information, and independently executing processes.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Architecture, engineering, construction (AEC) and/or consulting industry experience is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability along with the ability to read and write. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, telephones, voicemail systems, and other office equipment. Position requires the ability to remain for extended periods at a workstation, as well as the ability to lift 25 pounds.
WJE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, minorities, women, and protected veterans. (VEVRAA federal contractor)
WJE will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.
More information can be found at https://www.wje.com/careers