Industrial Engineer (Burlington, IA) - Entry Level
Tenneco is one of the world’s largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for an Industrial Engineer. The Industrial Engineer position is responsible for applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products. Functions may include determining the machines, equipment, and tools, and the sequence of operations necessary to perform production and assembly operations. Scrap reduction project experience, utilizing a good tooling background to assist in improving operations, is critical. Demonstrated experience in a lean manufacturing environment, metals, and/or work with automated assembly processes is preferred. They must have a working knowledge and skills in MS Office applications and computer-aided drafting applications
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Determine the machines, equipment and tools, and the sequence of operations necessary to perform production and assembly operations.
- Recommend the design of production machines and other plant equipment while creating and implementing PM schedules for those machines.
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to new and existing procedures including but not limited to control plans, APQP, PFMEA, and work instructions.
- Work with quality department to solve both internal and external customer concerns.
- Lead OEE/OAE improvement projects to both increase production outputs and increase manpower efficiency.
- Monitor, control, and improve the costs on tooling and consumables to drive improvements
- Implementation of new and modified Engineering Change Notices while updating and maintain them for each area.
- Assist vendors with the design problems in connection with tools, gauges, and equipment designed to use in manufacturing.
- Implementation of capital projects to include development of Appropriation Requests, selection of vendor, and purchase of machinery & equipment, and implementation time tables.
- Optimization of equipment layout, sequence of operations, deployment of lean manufacturing techniques, and shop floor simulation.
- Design/recommend new O.E. and aftermarket packaging; organize, assign, and update packaging processes; Purchase new packaging machines and support equipment; Design packaging labels; Work with Sales Team in new packaging proposals; Lead production employees in packaging machine and process improvements.
- Provide Lean Manufacturing support including but not limited to leading Kaizen events, implementing SMED, 5S improvements, and helping to develop error proofing methods on automated manufacturing and assembly equipment.
- Provide on-the-job training with the completion of training documentation.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering or Manufacturing Technology is preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience manufacturing engineering experience and/or specialized training is preferred.
- Equipment design and development experience preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.