Registered Nurse, Labor & Delivery
Registered Nurse (RN) – Labor & Delivery – Sign On Bonus Available
Oh baby! Our Women’s Services department is growing by leaps and bounds. We’re looking for experienced Labor & Delivery Registered Nurses to join our tight-knit nursing team today.
- Work location: Texas Health Dallas, 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231
- Work environment: The Margot Perot Women's Center at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is a MAGNET and Texas 10-Step facility.
- Level IV Maternal Care Center designation – highest possible designation by the Texas Department of State Health Services
Labor & Delivery department includes:
- 15 LDR's – expanding to 16 LDR’s
- 5 observation rooms
- 4 triage rooms – expanding to 6 beds
- 3 OR suites
- 5 Observation rooms
- The deliveries average over 450 + deliveries per month
- Best Place to Have a Baby designation
Work hours: Full-time, 36 hours weekly, 6:45PM – 7:15AM
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and has been named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
- Associate Degree in Nursing; BSN preferred
- CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency (required)
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
- NRP – Neonatal Resuscitation Program required upon hire
- ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification within 90 days from hire is required
- IFM – Intermediate Fetal Monitoring certification required upon hire
- 1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required
- More than 2 years Labor & Delivery RN experience preferred
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful RN will:
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a positive, customer-focused attitude toward patients
- Possess a strong work ethic and always display a high level of professionalism
- Have basic computer skills using Medical management application systems
- Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
- Asses the patient
- Plan the care of the patient
- Intervene as appropriate
- Evaluate the effectiveness of interventions
- Incorporate age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care
- Initiate action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
- Maintain continuity of patience are inter-shift inter-hospital and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health RN you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a place you’ll love to call home.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
Unlimited access to online continuing education for professional and career development. Plus, an RN Step Program including NCAP and a nursing certification test-prep content for specialty nurses.
A Nursing Excellence Advisory Board to provide the framework and methodology for funding projects to improve the quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
A strong shared governance structure featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses to shape their work environment.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.