Visual and Performing Arts Education Jobs in Maryland, DC, and Delaware
· passionate about art, music, or theater?
· outgoing, with a love for working with kids?
· hoping to make a difference in others’ lives?
· interested in teaching?
Private and independent schools in Maryland, DC, and Delaware are hiring visual and performing arts teachers.
Southern Teachers is an education recruitment firm that helps teachers find jobs at K-12, college-preparatory, private and independent schools around the South. Our personalized teacher placement services can help you run a tailored job search and discern the opportunities most suited to you. Our services are free to candidates, as is our Teacher Job Fair on Feb 5, 2022.
Are you qualified?
· If you majored in Studio Art, Music, Theater, or other fine arts subject, there may be teaching opportunities for you in independent schools. A Bachelor’s Degree is required (3.0 GPA minimum)
· For secondary school arts positions, teaching certification not always required
· Graduate degrees can be advantageous, but are not required
· Experience with kids in any capacity is desirable, especially for recent graduates without teaching degrees
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Plan lessons and develop curriculum to help students master essential techniques and concepts in music, theatre, or visual art
2. Engage students in the creative process; help them practice self-expression and creative communication
3. Expose students to a variety of artistic sources and mediums
4. Assess, track, and communicate student progress
How does it work?
· Apply: fill out an online application with Southern Teachers.
· Schedule: If we can help with your job search, your assigned Placement Counselor will schedule an interview to learn about your experience and search requirements.
· Connect: we will identify the best job opportunities for you and start connecting you with schools.
Salaries vary and are determined by each individual school.
Share your passion, and help kids grow—be a teacher!
Learn more about our work with teaching candidates and the other ways we support schools or apply today at SouthernTeachers.com