The CAD Designer will work with Project Managers, Project Engineers and CAD Manager to manage and create all drafted documentation associated with projects. The documentation will primarily be created using Trimble, Autodesk Software.
· Prepare design drawings, details, and sketches from sketches, concepts or mark-ups provided by project management staff.
· Work under the direction of the CAD Manager and Project Managers to design complex drawings, such as P&ID, construction documents, routine design layouts, detailed drawings, equipment skid and piping.
· Prepare complex drawings (e.g., PFDs, P&IDs, scaled equipment layouts, and equipment details).
· Prepare and work with bills of material (BOMs) and other construction documents.
· Develop equipment/material schedules and material takeoffs, from drawings or sketches. Support preparation of requests for bids for subcontractors and material vendors, as directed.
· Create and markup existing PDF documents using appropriate software.
· Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing relevant technical publications.
· Conform to company practices, policies and procedures for document control.
· Proficiency in Trimble Pipe/Duct Designer, Autodesk software including autocad, MEP and Navisworks for clash detection.
· Strong understanding of mechanical design fundamentals and practices
· Field experience in the industry and or a strong understanding of system layouts and design.