Corporate Functions Internships – Fall 2022
Fall 2022 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: June 17, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
- Program Dates: September 19 – December 9, 2022*
- *Some opportunities listed may offer an extended internship experience which will span the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters, from September 2022 – April 2023.
- Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
NBCUniversal's Corporate groups are uniquely positioned at the core of our organization. Employees within these groups use their area of expertise to support all businesses across the company, keeping the heart of each brand at the forefront. There are also business-specific opportunities available, which may be included in the description below.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Human Resources, Direct-to-Consumer: NBCUniversal’s Direct-to-Consumer Organizational Effectiveness team provides in-house consulting and advisory services for DTC, including Fandango and Peacock. This team focuses on strategic development for organizations, teams, and individuals. They incorporate design thinking, thoughtful analysis, best practices, and innovation into our approach. They partner with HR teams, business leaders, and Enterprise HR teams. Key practice areas include: talent development, DEI, and culture strategy. This intern will work with the team to support operational processes, data analysis, and design.
- Human Resources, West Coast Studio Operations: The West Coast Studio Operations team at NBCUniversal is looking for a creative, high-energy Intern. This is a dynamic, collaborative team that strives to grow and develop talent, maintain strong relationships with our clients, and provide new hires with the best possible onboarding experience. Interns will gain experience performing a broad range of HR and operational support for Studio Operations and interfacing across the organization. Main responsibilities include sending employee communications, employee life-cycle transactions, learning and assisting with Labor Relations, and ongoing HR engagement projects.
- Music Business & Legal Affairs: Interns on this team will gain valuable training and a balanced experience by participating in day-to-day operations. Responsibilities include researching copyright information, creating and updating music cue sheets, databases, tracking grids, and more.
Must be available to work from New York, NY to be considered for the below opportunities.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: This team oversees the Company’s volunteering and social impact efforts. This is a great opportunity for a candidate interested in the intersection of business and social purpose, looking to deepen their understanding of employee relations and volunteering, philanthropy and cause marketing, while building skills and gaining experience as a researcher, event planner, marketer and communicator.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: NBCUniversal’s Corporate Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) team works closely with Human Resources, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Communications and enterprise-wise business units to further the company’s inclusion initiatives. Interns will have the opportunity to regularly communicate and maintain relationships with 100+ ERG leaders and diversity practitioners across the company. Interns will contribute to social media strategy and generate custom content for NBCU’s social media channels. For this department, there might be an opportunity for students to participate throughout the entirety of the academic year (Fall and Spring Internship Programs). You will be asked to confirm your interest and availability if selected to participate in the interview process.
- Government Affairs: The State & Local Government Affairs Intern will report to the Director of Government and External Affairs. The Intern will support the bi-coastal team with end-of session reports and strategy-planning for upcoming legislative sessions. Should covid-restrictions no longer be in place, the Intern will likely assist with in-person events at 30 Rock with Diplomats and other Elected Officials. For this department, there might be an opportunity for students to participate throughout the entirety of the academic year (Fall and Spring Internship Programs). You will be asked to confirm your interest and availability if selected to participate in the interview process.
- Human Resources, Ad Sales: The Human Resources Intern will support the Ad Sales HR team in all facets of HR, including talent Management, learning & development, DE&I, onboarding, employee engagement, and interfacing with internal business partners across the organization. The HR intern will work with the team to find solutions to employee questions and concerns, assist the team with completing workflow forms, and work on strategic HR projects and initiatives.
Must be available to work from Universal City, CA to be considered for the below opportunities.
- Executive Search Research and Operations: The Executive Search team is charged with executing Vice President and above level assignments across the NBCU enterprise. They help identify and attract exceptional leadership talent capable of helping transform the company and make NBCU the most competitive and innovative media company in the marketplace. Interns play an integral part of the team that focuses on research. Interns will focus on proactive pipelining, market mapping projects, and overall knowledge management for the larger team. Additionally, interns will help shape our newly established analytics initiative and continue to build and enhance reporting and metrics.
- IP Security & Technology: This team, under the Corporate Legal umbrella, supports all of NBC Universal’s content globally with (1) security procedures across the supply chain, (2) Digital Fingerprinting of all NBCUniversal owned content, (3) monitoring & takedown services for digital theft platforms and (4) business intelligence services to measure the demand and supply sides of piracy.
• Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
• If selected for a virtual internship, must be working from a location within the United States during all hours worked.
• If selected for an in-person internship, must be willing to work in the designated city and state as mentioned in the job responsibilities section.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Students with class standing of junior or above preferred
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Strong interest in the media industry
• Commitment to building an inclusive work environment
• Ability to multitask and highly organized
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Previous internship experience and on-campus involvement