VOCAL Technologies, Ltd. is an industry leader providing innovative communications and networking design solutions for medical, industrial and military/DoD markets. Since VOCAL’s inception in 1986, the mission has been to provide superior engineering. VOCAL encourages and rewards continuous learning and growth of the individual. Our team is constantly solving problems and expanding their knowledge to provide the best software and hardware solutions in signal processing.
VOCAL Technologies Ltd. is actively seeking a Hardware Engineer to join our growing team supporting Telecommunications and Embedded Systems development. This person will be a key member of the hardware development team connecting working with software and algorithm development teams. This role requires strong leadership and communication skills along with the efficient problem-solving capabilities.
- Creating PCB hardware designs around embedded DSPs for real-time telecommunications applications.
- Board bring-up and hardware validation.
- Generate test protocols and system requirements documentation.
- Engage with customers to provide signal processing solutions that meet and exceed their needs.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Theoretical knowledge of EM principles and digital signal processing.
- Proficiency in electronics design (EDA) tools.
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electronic loads, and signal generators.
- Experience using IDEs, debuggers, reading schematics, and performing board-level debugging.
- Experience in inter-processor communication, GPIO configurations, interrupt handling, I2C, SPI, I2C, DMAs, etc.
- Experience with RTOS, embedded firmware, drivers, and interfaces.
- Knowledge of C programming language.
- Learn quickly when facing new situations.
- Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills, strong collaborative skills, strong written and verbal communication.
For more information about careers at VOCAL, please visit: https://www.vocal.com/about-us/careers/
VOCAL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. VOCAL does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. VOCAL makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.