Occupational Therapist (2022-2023 School Year)
Quad Preparatory School
Occupational Therapist (2022-2023 School Year)
Updated: May 2022
Reports to: Clinical Director
Annual Salary Range: $65- 80K
***Want to learn more about Quad Prep? Connect with us!***
The Quad Preparatory School is an alternative, non-profit, K-12 college preparatory school dedicated to the education of twice-exceptional students, bright and creative children who learn differently. Quad Prep is a young, fast-growing school founded in 2013 that is a vibrant professional and collegial learning community for employees.
The Quad Preparatory School transforms the lives of twice-exceptional people – those who are gifted and learn differently – by redefining the experience of school. Our personalized model fully integrates social and emotional learning with challenging academics, empowering our students to rise to the level of their extraordinary talents. Through our innovative programs we are leading a larger movement in service of both twice-exceptional people and society at large.
Our teachers, clinicians, and staff joined together to craft our statement of values, which we are proud to share:
- Quad Prep is a kind and joyful learning community where everyone is celebrated for who they are.
- We ignite students’ strengths and passions and allow for safe academic pursuit at the highest levels by learning from mistakes.
- We are trustworthy and steadfast, and our high academic expectations challenge students to grow uniquely as people and in the way they learn.
- We widen our students’ perspectives, giving them the tools to know themselves and find success in the future of their choosing.
- We never give up on each other and are driven by the ethos of “not if, but how.”
The Quad Preparatory School is looking for an occupational therapist to join our team of clinicians. Clinical services are provided in a highly collaborative and integrated manner so as to generalize skills for success in natural and nuanced environments. Occupational therapists have the opportunity to receive mentorship from senior clinicians, as well as through our consultative services provided by Special Programs in Occupational Therapy Services (SPOTS), a highly-regarded practice in New York City.
- Provide individual and group occupational therapy services to students within a collaborative and integrated school model
- Provide graphomotor, sensory, and visual-spatial skill building interventions in creative ways
- Provide support to other clinical and academic staff to integrate occupational therapy goals and individualized sensory regulation strategies into other contexts throughout the school day
- Collaborate with other clinical and academic staff to integrate explicit instruction in executive functioning skills throughout the school day
- Participate in and/or lead aspects of health and wellnesss classes as assigned
- Participate in calls with outside providers and parents as needed and at a minimum of once per month
- Meet with parents/guardians to provide feedback on students’ progress as needed and at minimum at scheduled parent-teacher conferences
- Record clinical progress for each student
- Participate in weekly Psychosocial team meetings with all faculty and staff
- Actively participate in supervision sessions with direct supervisor
- Competently utilize Google Suite, in particular Google Drive and Docs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passion for working with children
- Desire and ability to work with students with special needs
- Ability to connect with middle and high school- age children
- Knowledge of various clinical interventions and use of a collaborative approach to meet the unique needs of each child
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- A solid understanding of adolescent children’s academic, social, and emotional development
- Attention to detail
- Maintaining confidentiality and privacy
- Ethical conduct
- Time management and the ability to multitask
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Patience and flexibility
This job operates in a school setting. The school is located on the fifth and sixth floor of a building with one elevator. This role requires working in various locations around the school and the potential for accompanying students to a local park or outings in the community.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items under 20 pounds. During fire drills, the employee, unless physically unable, will need to use the stairs to go to ground level from the fourth floor. Typing is required for composing emails and writing reports. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position in an educational facility which is open eight hours a day. The 2022-2023 school year contract begins August 22, 2020. Clinicians work 10 months out of the year according to the August-June academic calendar and with vacation time in the summer after a full year of employment. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required. In general, though, hours are Monday-Friday 8 A.M.-4 P.M.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- Valid OTR/L in the State of New York
- Experience working with children with varying learning needs
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience working with twice-exceptional youth
- Experience with adolescent population
***Note that all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Medical and Religious Exemptions may be provided***
AAP/EEO Statement: The Quad Preparatory School is based on an inclusive philosophy that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, familial status, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law in its hiring procedures and policies.