Registered Nurse (RN)—Neuro Cardiac Tele Progressive Care Unit (PCU
**Sign-On Bonus - $12,000.00 for all full time PCU openings (current employees excluded) **
Unravel the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that encourages professional advancement and growth while caring for each other like family. Looking for this type of family? Then you need to join the Neuro Cardiac Tele Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Team at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a MAGNET facility where the Extraordinary is just our Ordinary!
Texas Health Dallas is located at 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
SCHEDULE: Full Time Nights (7P-7A) for 36 hrs./ week. Weekend and holiday requirements
Accredited a by the DNV as a as Comprehensive Stroke Center, our Registered Nurses has raised the standards of stroke care by combining clinical expertise with compassionate care. Our 35- bed Cardiac/ Neuro Tele-PCU is a stroke designated unit that specializes in neurological, spinal surgeries and conditions that includes but not limited to seizures, strokes, cervical and lumbar discectomy/fusion, craniotomies for tumor resection, and cerebral aneurysm clipping. Our phenomenal RN team also provides care for cardiovascular patients with conditions such Heart Failure, AMI, pre and post interventional patients (heart Cath, ablations, and pacemakers), patients needing cardiac drips, and Arrhythmia patients needing a higher level of care in a non-ICU setting. It is a high acuity telemetry/ PCU unit that signifies a reduced nurse to patient ratio to 3-4:1 depending on acuity.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate Degree of Nursing required
• BSN preferred.
• Must have at least one (1) year Stepdown, Progressive Care or Intermediate (Tele) Care RN experience or three (3) years of Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care hospital.
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator, and coordinator for quality patient care.
• Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support (AHA) upon hire Required
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 90 days of hire required
• CPI-Crisis Prevention Intervention training within 60 days of hire is required
• PCCN-Progressive Care Certified Nurse is preferred not required
• SCRN - Stroke Certified Registered Nurse is preferred not required
More About Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed four-time MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level II Major Trauma Center and Comprehensive Stroke Center. The first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services, and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Texas Health Resources:
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion, and excellence for all who meet us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic, and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Texas Health Highlights:
· No. 15 on the Fortune 100 list of Best Companies to Work For® list
· No. 1 in Health Care on Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma
· No. 24 on the Fortune 75 Best Workplaces for Women list
· No. 41 on Best Workplaces in Texas (large category)
· No. 63 on the 2020 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• “Best Workplaces(TM) for Diversity” by Fortune and Great Place to Work® (5th year in row): https://fortune.com/best-workplaces-for-diversity/2019/
• Great Place to Work's Best Workplaces in Texas™ 2020: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces/texas/2020?category=large
• 2019 Texan by Nature 20 (TxN 20): https://texanbynature.org/txn20/
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eleventh year to appear on the list and fourth year to receive the Platinum award)
• A 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association (4th year in a row)
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the nation (2016)