This position organizes schedules for pilots and flight attendants, ensuring that they are utilized efficiently and comply with FAA Regulations. Additionally, crew schedulers manage crewmember bids and coordinate training events according to the training schedule.
· Organize schedules for pilots ensuring that they are utilized efficiently and comply with FAA Regulations.
· Reroutes/reschedules crewmembers as a result of irregular operations, mechanical, weather, sick calls, crew legalities, etc., in compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
· Communicate with SOC, MOC, Training Department, Chief Pilots, Director of Operations and the On-Call Duty Manager regarding operational issues, concerns and updates.
· Performs his/her duties from System Operations Control (SOC) at the company's Hyannis headquarters.
· Complies with TSA advanced information system requirements for crewmembers on a daily basis (e-APIS).
· Secures hotel accommodations for crewmembers during irregular operations on short notice.
· Coordinates training events with the Training Department.
· Coordinates regional transition of aircraft.
· Compiles open shift postings and assists in securing coverage of these shifts.
· Prepares various reports on crewmember sick calls, irregularities, and other daily operational information.
· Additional duties as assigned
· Previous experience preferred but not necessary
· Knowledge of PC required
· General knowledge of aviation and previous airline experience preferred
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to changes under pressure situations
· Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
· Must be a team player
· Must exhibit exceptional knowledge of Cape Air and must embody the Cape Air MOCHA HAGoTDI spirit