A&P MECHANIC (BUF)
Buffalo, NY, US
Requisition ID: 1239
APPLYTO A&P MECHANIC (BUF)
Airshare is one of the fastest-growing private aviation companies in the country. Our services include private fractional ownership, whole aircraft management and charter, with operational bases in numerous markets including Kansas City, Denver, Dallas, Houston and Chicago. We work with a very upscale and diverse clientele, encompassing business owners, corporate executives and high net worth individuals. We fly our customers an average of over 12,000 flights per year throughout North America and the Caribbean. We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative culture, as every person in our organization plays a key role in the overall success we continue to achieve.
The A&P MECHANIC maintains the Company’s aircraft in a safe and airworthy condition according to the Company maintenance manual and FAR regulations. Conducts or assists with all inspections and repairs on aircraft and aircraft sub-assemblies and performs required documentation.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on aircraft, as assigned.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of completed tasks.
- Troubleshoots and repairs damaged, worn, or defective mechanical components.
- Performs pre-flight and post-flight inspections on aircraft as time permits.
- Reports discrepancies to Maintenance Manager or Pilot in Command.
- Documents maintenance activities.
- Completes required paperwork, including return to service requirements.
- Observes current applicable FAA Regulations and GMM’s while performing required maintenance.
- Complies with Company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains general cleanliness of hangar, parts/tool rooms and ramp areas, including operation of hangar floor cleaning machine.
- Performs other duties and assignments, as required.
Qualified candidates will have a high school education or GED and an A&P certificate plus two-year minimum experience in general aviation maintenance or related field preferred. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Access to relocation flights: Employees have the opportunity to fly aboard aircraft during scheduled relocation flights for non-company (personal) purposes. Employees may request that their friends and family accompany them during these flights.
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off: Airshare believes that having a healthy work-life balance is important. Employees enjoy three weeks of paid vacation per year as well as seven paid holidays.
- Tuition Assistance: If your goals include becoming an A&P Mechanic, Airshare will reimburse up to $1,500 per year for approved courses. ASK ABOUT OUR PILOT CERTIFICATION ASSISTANCE.
- 401(k) Plan: All full-time employees are eligible to participate in and contribute to the company’s 401(k) plan, Roth 401(k) plan beginning on the first of the month following six months of service. The company will match $0.50 on the dollar up to 6% of the employee’s contribution. Employees are fully vested after three years.
- Health and Dental Insurance: All full-time regular employees are entitled to benefits under the Company's health and other company-sponsored insurance plans including health, dental, vision and life insurance. We offer a FREE HSA Medical Plan to all employees.