FOX West Texas is looking for a multi-skilled, multi-talented journalist to help lead its newsroom. We are not just looking for a lead anchor, we're looking for someone to welcome the challenge of becoming the face of this growing station. In this role, you'll be responsible for anchoring our 6 & 9 p.m. newscasts. You will also be expected to take a leadership role in the broadcast, assisting with the show's execution and writing for TV and digital. Off-camera, we'll ask you to become a leader in the newsroom with a sound editorial voice and a passion to make our product the best it can be.
- Anchor daily newscasts and breaking news breaking down the facts in a conversational style for the audience.
- Contribute to content planning and editorial meetings
- Contribute to multiple platforms daily including writing for the websites, posting on social media, creating for mobile, and most of all creating a dialog with our audience and your friends and followers.
- Collaborate with a team to produce the most creative, compelling stories
- Coach and mentor others in their presentation and creative storytelling skills
- Develop contacts and relationships in the community, community events that include times outside normal work hours
- Minimum 1-3 years of news anchor/reporter experience
- The ability to write compelling copy and present engaging stories
- Proven news judgment and understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- An understanding of current content gathering and production techniques
- Passion for growing journalists and fostering a creative and positive newsroom environment
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.