Distribution Project Manager
This role is based at our Breinigsville, PA (Allentown, PA) site with flexibility for hybrid scheduling (onsite and home-based work) upon successful completion of training.
How will you make an impact?
As part of our global team, what you do contributes directly to our mission; enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What will you do?
- Monitors project activities and day to day business as well as establishment of a customer-approved job specification.
- Assists in setting up and maintaining study filing systems and maintains accurate records for all work undertaken.
- Joint responsibility with the Project Manager for ensuring that all business activities come together in a timely manner to meet the customer and study requirements.
- Provides back-up support to the Project manager, including financial and quote forecasting.
- Coordination and communication of all relevant activities, both internal and external to ensure that all services and products are ready for the start of the study or as required by the customer.
- Use of appropriate project planning tools to communicate milestones and critical path activities and responsibilities.
- Works with the Master Production Scheduler to optimize production of clinical supplies balancing the customer requirements with best use of available capacity.
- Creates and/ or supports creation of batch documentation, operational documents using internal systems. This is inclusive of billing package review.
- Collects all the information on a study design including correct label texts, coordination of primary, secondary packaging material and tools, coordination of label translation and producing all batch documentation for operations and check of documentation.
- Coordinates shipments through the logistics department and writes Distribution orders and GMP instructions in a timely manner.
How will you get here?
- High School Degree required plus 7 years of experience;
- Associates Degree preferred with 5 years of experience; or
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 2-3 years of successful experience in project management as a Project Coordinator preferred.
- Proven experience with customers in a dynamic environment.
- Mastery of skills required to read, understand, and adhere to the SOPs and policies of a GMP environment.
- Excellent organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong and effective communicator with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Ability to develop strong customer management skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Ability to learn and master all internal systems associated with projects (i.e. Salesforce, GPMS, TrackWise).
- Proficiency in personal computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Proficiency in appropriate project planning tools e.g. Microsoft Project to communicate milestones and critical path activities and responsibilities.
- Certification in Project Management by a recognized institution in project management preferred.
- The position is administrative, is positioned in an office environment and requires standing, bending, reaching, walking, and talking as well as exerting up to 20lbs of force occasionally.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.