Account Executive, Political (Temporary)
What You'll Do:
- Sell commercial air time and digital space to direct accounts and advertising agencies specializing in but not limited to political and advocacy advertising
- Develop new business by prospecting accounts originating in the Washington DC sales territory and placing on Scripps properties around the country
- Execute FCC rules and regulations surrounding political broadcast advertising
- Negotiate advertising rates and program ratings with new and existing accounts to maximize share of revenue
- Prepare and present marketing proposals utilizing qualitative and quantitative research
- Perform client services, including but not limited to avail presentations, account management reconciliation, credit and collections, package preparations
- Perform other duties as needed or as directed by sales management
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 - 5 years of successful sales experience in related field
What You'll Bring:
- Demonstrated excellent communication and organizational skills in a fast-paced sales environment
- Ability to quickly develop trusted relationships with clients and deliver world-class customer service
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Experience working with Wide Orbit is a plus
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS' COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.