Lockwood Broadcast Group (WCAV-CBS, WVAW-ABC, FOX Virginia) is looking for a full-time Sports Anchor/Reporter to join our team in our brand-new state of the art studio located in Charlottesville, VA.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, viewers, customers and community members
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Anchor and Report on newscasts and digital platforms as assigned. Will also participate in Special Projects, community events and public appearance.
- Develop, shoot, write and present local sport stories for newscasts, WCAV.com and digital platforms
- Perform active live shots in the field or studio as assigned by Producer
- Edit stories as assigned
- Drive and operate station vehicles
- Travel long distances in the execution of assigned duties
- Be available on-call as assigned
- Look for points of difference in storytelling
- Support and champion the WCAV News brand
- Be able to post video and stories on web and mobile platforms
- Win Breaking Sports News
- Assist News Department with shoots/reporting as needed
Qualifications and educational requirements:
- College degree in broadcast journalism or related field
- Ability to work independently with excellent editorial judgment
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Aggressive and competitive qualities with an overriding sense of good journalism, and fair reporting
If working with and contributing to a team focused on quality and becoming market leaders sounds good to you, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send cover letter and resume to Dan Schutte, News Director at: email@example.com
Lockwood Broadcast Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.