Attack/Recon Engineering Analyst - ERC - (3299)
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. A trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Check us out on ERC.US
In your role as a flight test engineer, you will conduct developmental testing of rotary-wing and unmanned aircraft, aviation-related components, and aviation systems in direct support of the test and evaluation mission of the United States Army Redstone Test Center located at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.
What you'll do all day:
- Conduct developmental flight test for Attack and Unmanned Aircraft System platforms.
- Work as part of a diverse team of contractor, military, and civilian experimental test pilots and engineers.
- Prepare pre-test documentation (test plans, test readiness reviews, safety reviews).
- Provide technical expertise with regard to the method of test that will best achieve the test objectives.
- Monitor in-flight test activities, via real-time telemetry systems or as a crewmember.
- Perform in-depth engineering data reduction and analysis.
- Write comprehensive test reports to provide usable, accurate, and readily-interpretable results.
- Prepare/deliver presentations to colleagues, subordinates, and government representatives.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
- Have a passion for aviation and a desire to conduct developmental flight testing.
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline from an accredited* college/university and 3 years of experience analyzing results of tests, assisting in ensuring data integrity and quality, providing statistical analysis and presenting findings to team members and management; or an Associate's Degree in Engineering or related discipline from an accredited* college/university and 5 years of applicable experience; or 7 years of applicable experience; or 7 years of applicable military experience performing engineering, analysis, and related functions in research, development, test and evaluation in support of military equipment and systems.
- Must have demonstrated ability to apply practical knowledge to flight testing principles and concepts applicable to the developmental and system qualification testing of DoD aircraft.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government security clearance.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- MS degree in any of the above-mentioned disciplines is desired.
- 3-6 years of Rotary-wing or fixed-wing flight test experience, or experience in a related discipline, is desired.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.