Flight Test Engineer - ERC - (3278)
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. ERC is a trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Check us out on ERC.US
In your role as a Flight Test Engineer, you will conduct developmental testing of rotary-wing and fixed-wing aircraft, aviation-related components, and aviation systems in direct support of the test and evaluation mission of the United States Army Redstone Test Center located at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.
What you’ll do all day:
- Conduct developmental flight test for Aircraft Survivability Equipment systems (i.e. missile warner’s, countermeasures, etc.)
- Work as part of a diverse team of contractor, military, and civilian experimental test pilots and engineers
- Coordinate test assets and government entities to meet the test requirement
- Prepare pre-test documentation (test plans, test readiness reviews, safety reviews)
- Provide technical expertise with regard to the method of test that will best achieve the test objectives
- Monitor in-flight test activities, via real-time telemetry systems or as a passenger onboard the aircraft
- Perform in-depth engineering data reduction and analysis
- Author comprehensive test reports to provide usable, accurate, and readily-interpretable results
- Prepare/deliver presentations to colleagues, subordinates, and government representatives
You will enjoy this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering in designated area of specialization or related discipline; Engineering degree must be from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited program
- Must have demonstrated ability to apply practical knowledge to flight testing principles and concepts applicable to the developmental and system qualification testing of DoD aircraft
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government security clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an FAA Class III medical certificate
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening
- RTC facility access requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination status or weekly COVID testing.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Master’s degree in any of the above mentioned disciplines
- Rotary-wing or fixed-wing flight test experience, or experience in a related discipline, is desired (0 to 6 years)
- Working knowledge of current ultraviolet, infrared, or radar based threat systems
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule