Intern - GIS Technician (Virginia Beach, VA)
Kimley-Horn, one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is looking for a Civil Engineering student to join our Virginia Beach, VA team for a summer internship.
Working under the supervision of the GIS manager, the successful candidate will be required to assemble GIS datasets in multiple formats from varying sources into geodatabase formats, prepare exhibits in support of marketing pursuits and projects, conduct technical GIS work, and assist with field work as required for multiple disciplines including transportation, environmental, stormwater, and utilities. The successful candidate should be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
• 0-1 years experience with geospatial analysis
• Enrolled in Geography, GIS, Remote Sensing, or related coursework
• Proficiency with the ESRI ArcGIS Desktop
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Proficiency in basic computer applications, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
• Proactive on assignments and demonstrate initiative
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.