Pork Sales Summer Intern
The Zoetis Pork Summer Sales Intern Program is a 10-week program designed to provide candidates with real-world selling experience focusing on the U.S. Pork Industry. It provides an opportunity for students to better understand agricultural and veterinary business models and evaluate sales as a potential career by providing responsibilities similar to a full time Account Manager. Interns will be field based representing Zoetis to swine veterinarians and producers. Interns will gain exposure to the Zoetis Pork Leadership Team, work one-on-one with experienced sales professionals, and build relationships with swine veterinarians and pork producers.
Internship Job Duties:
- A pre-training work list that includes assigned readings and quizzes will be sent prior to the internship. This is to help the interns prepare for training and is a requirement.
- Training class will be held the first week of June in Des Moines, IA. Interns will also experience World Pork Exposition during this week.
- Eight (8) weeks will be spent in your geographic area calling on swine producers and selling a Zoetis Pork Program. Goals will be set for the individuals as well as the team and we will expect that all are accomplished.
- The intern will prepare a final report on their experience and present it to the Zoetis Pork Leadership Team during their last week of the internship.
- Postsecondary students entering junior or senior year at the completion of the internship.
- Stellar work ethic, production livestock experience, excellent organizational skills, presentation skills, and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Highly-focuses and results oriented, Follow-through including professional communication and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a close team environment, self-starter.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work evenings as required by the position.
- Enrolled in a degree program during the Spring term preceding internship
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate studies and a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving & analytical skills.