Student Associate - Harbert College of Business - Office of Professional and Career Development
Student Associate Job Posting
The Office of Professional & Career Development is seeking highly motivated and hardworking College of Business undergraduate students for Student Associate positions starting in January 2020. The position works closely with OPCD professional staff and others in the Harbert College of Business to provide assistance to students regarding their career search preparation and other professional development activities. Student Associates will assist office staff in providing these and other services to business students, HCOB faculty, alumni, employers, prospective students, and guests.
Student Associate Responsibilities:
- Serve as an ambassador of the OPCD by providing first-class customer services to students, employers, and other OPCD guests
- Responsible for performing administrative and clerical duties to include data entry and gaining in-depth experience with Handshake, Salesforce, Harbert Connects, and the entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Learn key concepts in writing and reviewing resumes, conducting intern and job searches and providing accurate direction to students who have questions about OPCD services or programming
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the resources available within the OPCD
- Assist OPCD staff with set-up, clean-up and operations for all OPCD events to include Career Fair, Workshops, Information Sessions, etc.
- Provide general office support including, but not limited to, answering the phone, office housekeeping, scheduling appointments and managing calendars, answering questions / providing information to students, conducting group presentations, making in-class announcements, hosting employers, completing assigned tasks and projects, and other assignments on an as-needed basis to make the OPCD run smoothly
- Must currently possess and maintain an Overall & Major GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Currently registered in the College of Business (if selected, maintain status as a College of Business major during the time in position)
- Commitment to work up to 19 hours per week; some evenings required
- Commitment to attend weekly meetings and development/training meetings as scheduled; some evenings required
- Professional dress and demeanor required
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to understand professional boundaries
- Committed to personally utilizing the services of the OPCD
- Available to start work on Wednesday, January 8th, 2020
- Available to attend mandatory training: Tuesday, January 7th, 2020
- Hourly Pay at Current Minimum Wage Rate as long as funds are available
- Flexibility in Scheduling required
Application Materials / Required Documents:
- Separate Document addressing the following:
A clear view of your Spring 2020 Academic Schedule
If contacted for an Interview please prepare a 15 minute PowerPoint or Prezi presentation to address the following:
- Why do you want to work with the OPCD as a Student Associate?
- What is your current involvement and relationship with the HCOB?
- What activities have you participated in related to your career development/job search?
- Your three best work qualifications?
Application Deadline: Friday November 29th at 5:00 PM – Interviews by Invitation December 2-6.