Graphic Design/ Marketing & Communications Intern
The University Career Center works with students and alumni to explore major and career options, develop career plans, market skills and abilities to employers and pursue opportunities to gain experience. The graphic design intern will be an integral part of the office in the creation of print, electronic and web based materials for various audiences from start to finish. In addition, the student assistant will help shape the social media campaigns for the office. Candidates for this position must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Other required skills are the ability to handle multiple projects at once, and the ability to accept feedback on designs.
- Evaluate current University Career Center marketing, advertising and public relations campaign and assist in creating innovative ways to reach students during the 2019-2020 academic year
- Create new publications specifically marketed to Auburn University students, alumni, parents, employers, and faculty/staff including flyers, posters, postcards, brochures, and booklets
- Assist in creation and updating of layout and content for career.auburn.edu and Handshake (basic HTML or WordPress experience preferred)
- Manage the process of designing promotional materials and meeting the requested deadlines
- Request printing quotes from vendors for supervisor’s approval
- Create social media schedule based on applicable articles and University Career Center events/ updates to post to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts
- Develop promotional materials in conjunction with marketing plan for promoting career events and guest speakers
- Other duties as assigned
Applicants should have demonstrated coursework and/or experience in graphic design (print and web), communication, or marketing areas
- Creative, organized, and efficient
- Teamwork skills AND able to work independently
- Initiative and self-motivation, able to work autonomously while updating supervisor regularly
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Oral / written communication skills
- Organization / coordination skills
- Willingness to learn
Strong computer skills to include Photoshop, InDesign, and or Illustrator with basic knowledge of HTML or WordPress preferred
Able to work 15 hours a week, M-F, between 7:45 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
Submit your cover letter, resume, 3-5 graphic work samples (in .pdf format) or link to eportfolio, and list of references.
Only complete applications will be considered.
$9-$10 per hour depending on experience